There are a lot of things to consider when moving furniture. Will it be worth it to hire professional movers, or should you do it yourself? In this blog post, we will explore the pros and cons of each option and help you make the best decision for your needs. A reliable moving company can help make your move easier than ever – but is it worth the cost?
Moving furniture by yourself
- You will save money on the cost of hiring professional movers. The cost of movers can vary depending on the size of your home and the distance you are moving, but it usually costs between $100 and $150 per hour.
- You will have more control over when and how your furniture is moved. If you hire professional movers, they will likely have their own schedules and may not be able to accommodate your schedule.
- You can pack and unpack your furniture at your own pace. Professional movers, they will typically pack and unpack everything in one day. This can be stressful if you are not ready for them or if you have a lot of furniture.
- It can be very physically demanding to move heavy furniture by yourself. If you are not used to lifting heavy objects, you could injure yourself while trying to move furniture.
- You may not have the proper equipment such as dollies and straps to move heavy or large pieces of furniture. This could damage your furniture or your home if you try to move something that is too big or heavy for you.
- You could end up damaging your furniture if you are not careful while moving it. Professional movers are trained in how to properly move furniture and will take care of your belongings.
- You will need to source a friend or neighbour to help, and then you may be working around their schedule.
Moving furniture with professional movers
- Your furniture will be moved by experienced professionals who know how to properly protect, pack and unload furniture. Therefore, you can be assured that your furniture will arrive safely at your new home or office.
- You won’t have to lift a finger – the movers will do all the work for you! They will even dismantle and reassemble any furniture if needed.
- The company will have insurance in case something gets damaged during the move. Ensure you ask for specifics, as this can vary from service provider to service provider.
- The company will send professionals who know how to safely move furniture without damaging it or injuring themselves.
- The company will provide all the necessary equipment to move your furniture, such as dollies and straps.
- They have the experience to manoeuvre around tight spaces and stairs without damaging your belongings or your home.
- They know how to pack the truck so your items will not shift during transit and arrive safely at your destination.
- It will cost you money to hire professional movers. As mentioned before, the cost can vary depending on a few factors. It’s best to contact a few companies to get quotes. Also, ensure you are comparing apples to apples – some companies may display prices and quotes differently and look less or more expensive than others.
- You will have to accommodate the company’s schedule. This means your furniture may not be moved on the day and time that you want.
- Your furniture will likely be packed and unloaded in one day by the company. This can be stressful if you are not ready for them or if you have a lot of furniture.
How to save money on moving services
While we all love saving money and being frugal, there are some things you just shouldn’t skimp on. Hiring professional movers is one of those things. With that said, there are a few ways you can save money when hiring professional movers:
- Ask for quotes from multiple companies. This will allow you to compare prices and find the best deal.
- See if the company offers any discounts or promotions. For example, some companies offer discounts for seniors or military personnel.
- Schedule your move during the off days ( typically midweek). Companies tend to be less busy these days and may offer lower rates as a result.
So, what’s the verdict? Is it worth moving your furniture yourself or hiring professional movers? If you are physically able to move your furniture and you have the proper equipment, then it may be worth doing it yourself to save money. However, if you are not sure how to properly move your furniture or you don’t have the right equipment, then it’s best to hire removalists Melbourne professionals. They will safely and efficiently move your furniture to your new home or office. And in the end, that peace of mind is worth it.
Have you ever hired professional movers? How was your experience? Let us know in the comments below!