When to use a mask
- If you’re healthy, if you’re currently taking care of a person with suspected Covid-19 infection, you need to put on a mask.
- If you put on a mask, then you have to understand how to use it and dispose of it properly.
- Wear a mask if you’re sneezing or coughing.
- Masks are effective when used in combination with frequent hand-cleaning with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub.
When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus
- Before wearing a mask, clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with mask and make sure there are no gaps between your face and the mask.
- Avoid touching the mask while using it; if you do then clean your hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Frequently replace the mask with a new one as soon as it is damp and do not re-use single-use masks.
- To remove the mask: remove it from behind (do not touch the front of the mask); discard immediately in a closed dust bin; clean hands with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.